• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

From No Poop to Too Much Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentscience

Bluelighter
I've been taking Champix for over two weeks now (quitting smoking aid) and one of the side FX is constipation. so for 2 days I didn't shit. Then I got hold of some Senna laxative. Took 2 pills last night. Upon waking I still couldn't shit. So I took 2 more....

Now, 1:55 pm, I can't stop shitting. It's like every 5 minutes, and I don't think any of my food is really getting digested.

I want to go out and enjoy this sunny day, but unless I have a poop bag attached it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

Anyone know any way to "slow down" the poops? ie...kinda constipate myself somewhat?

Cheers

Pooping in Vancouver

Drink lots of water to make up for your liquid loss. Then eat some bananas.

sick.

You're going to have to pick which one will be more convenient to tough out(too much poop, or not enough) and just ride it out. Guess it kind of depends on your personal situation/shedule, and what you have to get done.

You can't just keep going back from laxative to stool hardener. PIck one or the other and let your body get back to normal on its own.

The BRAT Diet always works

B- Bananas
R- Rice
A- Applesauce
T- Toast

It's safe and effective. Doesn't hurt your stomach or anything. Good Luck!

sick.

You're going to have to pick which one will be more convenient to tough out(too much poop, or not enough) and just ride it out. Guess it kind of depends on your personal situation/shedule, and what you have to get done.

You can't just keep going back from laxative to stool hardener. PIck one or the other and let your body get back to normal on its own.

+1. If I were you, I'd sit it out and just let everything leave my body. Taking an anti diarrheal is just like going back to where you started in the first place...why not just let your body do what it has to do since you already took the senna anyway (take time out...im sure whatever you have to do can wait) and after that, you can relax and just go on with your daily life? Dont abuse your poor colon.

And yes, drink lots of fluids and eat some bananas for potassium.

first of all, lol @ the cork idea. wtf!

The BRAT Diet always works

B- Bananas
R- Rice
A- Applesauce
T- Toast

It's safe and effective. Doesn't hurt your stomach or anything. Good Luck!

im gonna have to remember that cuz my stomach HATES me.... those are some pretty neutral foods right there....

the lax sped up your digestive tract, increased water flow to the GI tract, increased feeling of urgency and the activity of the muscles, decreased absorption of goodies

while pepto would definately make you feel better, there's one medication that would do the OPPOSITE of every one of those right? immodium AI / the peripheral opioid

>>If I were you, I'd sit it out and just let everything leave my body.>>

everything is already out! don't you know what it's like to have superdiarea? it's like the dry heaves, but on the other end. heh

about not taking drug, i think the main point should be that his system should be in balance for the short term (or whatever point he wants to strike, as it shouldn't be just balanced if he is detoxing from something or he will just be maintaining) and drugs can be a tool to balance it if the dose is carefully picked (aka start small since you seem sensitive, this way you avoid returning to constipation)

Status
Not open for further replies.